"Mix, Pair, Share"
Participants will pair up and engage in conversation to enhance their collaboration and communication skills.
1. Have the children/students walk around and mingle with one another.
2. When you are ready, call out Ãpair!Ã
3. Tell the participants to put their hands up and pair up.
4. You, the leader, ask questions and give plenty of thinking time.
5. The student pairs share their thoughts about the answers between them.
6. Then, each pair group shares their answers with the larger group.
7. Encourage careful listening skills by having each person share what they hear the other members of the community saying: their cares, interests, thoughts and ideas.
8. Individuals in each pair and team take responsibility for listening, interpreting, and representing one another.
1. Walk around and mingle with one another.
2. When you hear the leader call out Ãpair!,Ã stop and pair up.
3. The leader will ask questions and give you plenty of time to think.
4. Discuss the question and possible answers with your partner.
5. Then, shares your answers with the larger group.
6. Practice active listening by sharing what you hear the other members of the community saying: their cares, interests, thoughts and ideas.