In partnership with our friends at the Institute for Climate & Peace and the Matsunaga Institute for Peace & Conflict Resolution, we held a series of virtual talk story sessions under the theme, Building A Beloved Community.
- Aunty Puanani Burgess & Dr. Maya Soetoro shared their manaʻo on how to build the beloved community,
- Gwen Yi and Sim Yen Leong led us through their empathy circle process,
- Aiko Yamashiro facilitated a beautiful poetry workshop, and
- Kawika Pegram & Dyson Chee showed us how young people are leading the climate justice movement.
- Across these four sessions, we engaged 350 community members
In partnership with Engage Asia, Dr. Maya Soetoro shared her lessons on leadership, social change, and resilience for today’s world to an audience of 80, tuning in from across the United States and Japan.
In partnership with the Justin Carr Wants World Peace Foundation, Ceeds of Peace launched a webinar focusing particularly on building racial justice, which convened 132 community members ranging from Hawaiʻi to Los Angeles to Kenya.