Participants will identify a location at school or at home that is an appropriate and safe place for youth to gather and collaborate.
1. Have youth identify safe spaces in their neighborhoods, homes, classroom or school.
2. Ensure there is always a safe space for conversation.
3. This is a space to gather, a place that honors, respects and makes people feel they can collaborate safely inside.
4. Safe spaces also need to be developed for youth after school to ensure they have a safe place to be, away from any violence of their communities and homes.
5. Allow youth to decorate the space to make them feel that they own it.
6. Discuss with the youth what they need from the adults around them in order to respect boundaries as well as nourishing a sense of peace.
1. In your neighborhood, home, classroom and school, identify safe spaces to gather that honor, respect and make you feel you can collaborate safely inside.
2. Decorate the space.
3. Discuss what you need from the adults around you in order to respect boundaries as well as nourishing a sense of peace.