Participants accomplish multiple tasks on a tic-tac-toe board that demonstrate and extend their understanding of a unit of study.
1. Identify the outcomes and instructional focus of a unit of study.
2. Then use assessment data to discover your studentsÃ learning styles.
3. Create a Tic Tac Toe board with nine squares arranged in rows of three.
4. Select one universal required task for all students and write it in the center square.
5. Design eight other different tasks and arrange them on the board in the empty square.
6. Ask participants to complete two additional tasks to complete a column, row, or diagonal line. Be sure they include the center square.
1. Complete the task required of all students.
2. Select two other tasks on the tic-tac-toe board to complete a column, row, or diagonal line.